I couldn't state this any better than Scott does here. If you are considering selling in Sammamish, Redmond, Issaquah or anywhere on the eastside of Seattle, please consider this advice and consider having Elsie & I present our process. We achieve results for our clients and believe in doing the big things and the little things to make the difference.
A question often asked is WHY DID THAT HOME SELL AND MINE DID NOT? Selling a home does not take an army, but a simple mixture of a hard working Listing Agent, condition and price. When selling a Condominium you are selling a way of life. One that the Buyer chooses for less maintenance, no grass to cut, no snow to shovel and often amenities such as a pool and clubhouse. With our market here in the Manchester NH area, some homes sell very quickly whole other will sit on the market for months. For those Sellers whose homes have sold, they know the reason.
Last winter I had a similar scenario which I wrote in my blog How dare you sell my neighbors house that fast. Who do you think you are?
So recently when I got a call DEMANDING to know why I sold their neighbors Condo and not theirs, the short answer was "you did not list with me, they did."
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET A HOME SOLD IN TODAY'S MARKET
1. CHOOSING THE RIGHT LISTING AGENT: As a home owner in this market you need every advantage you can to get your home sold. It starts with choosing the right agent.
a. Using a Full time agent whose sole job is to sell homes.
b. Using a Full service agent who will guide you through each step of the selling process. Discount brokers often equal discount services.
c. Using a Local agent who knows your neighborhood and is readily available when you need them is a must. Out of town agents can leave you high and dry in your time of need.
d. Using a well experienced Listing Agent can give you the advantages you need when selling your home. Not all agents are created equal. Choose only the best.
2. PRICING THE HOME CORRECTLY: One of the most important things that can help you sell your home is pricing it right. . List prices need to be priced at or near market value. The simple truth is over priced listings are one of the only segments of the market that are not selling. A great agent will study the recent sales, study what is on the market and use trends and comparables to place a value on your property.
3. GETTING A BUYER TO SEE YOUR LISTING: Before anyone can view your home, they have to know it is for sale. Using an agent with an extensive marketing and advertising program is the best start to get your home the exposure it needs and deserves. Some agents whose sole marketing plan is placing a sign in your yard and placing the home in MLS is not a sound marketing plan.
4. GETTING YOUR HOME READY FOR A BUYER TO SEE IT: A listing agent can guide a buyer to your front door, but the can not make them go inside. You need to prepare your house for sale.
a. THE EXTERIOR: Your lawn should be mowed, bushes trimed, debris, toys or belongings picked up and removed from the yard. In the winter shovel your walk and driveway, sand and or salt and knock those icicles off your roof. Make sure your screen/storm door is in working order, it is the first thing they will touch and a storm door with a missing handle or off it's hinges will drive buyers away.
b. THE INTERIOR: Remove anything from your house you are not using, often called "decluttering". Clear off the counters, bureaus and floors. Make sure walls are free of marks or holes. Freshly painted walls in a neutral color are always a plus. Make sure all faucets and toilets run properly, no drips, no leaks and the toilets should not always run. Clean your carpets, remove pet items and during showings your pets should be taken out of the housel
5. BUYER AGENTS: Once I get the buyer to see the home, they love the interior and it is priced right. The torch gets passed to the Buyer Agents to make sure they inform and educate their buyers about current market conditions. Buyers need to be making better first offers. Offers should be accompanied with pre-qualification letters and forget the low ball offer if there is a lot of interest in a home. With the amount of homes on the market sharply decreasing and sales continuing to rise there is more competition for homes among buyers. The days of 'Low Ball" offers is near over for owner occupants-There was a bit. Most buyers are learning the hard way losing their dream home by making a low offer. It is important to have an experienced buyer agent who can inform you of local trends and values.
IN CONCLUSION: There is a lot of behind the scenes work going on to get a house on the market, marketed, get an offer, go through the buyers mortgage process, appraisal, inspections and get to the closing of the home. If you did not notice most of these steps, I did a great job. With the decrease in Listings, there is pressure on Listing Agents to provide more service. For agents who have been providing a great service to their clients throughout the last 4-5 years they are being rewarded as home sellers and buyers talk, they let each other know who did the great job or who dropped the ball. As you see it is no accident a home sells. It is through the hard work of the agent.
As a consumer you have a choice. Avoid the thinking that bigger is better. You deserve the Best and that is having some one guide you through each step of the Buying process. If you are looking to purchase a property in NH, you can choose ME. I strive to offer the best in personal and professional service through EACH step of the BUYING process.
It does not take magic to turn your "For Sale" sign into a "Sold" sign. it takes a full time Local Agent who specializes in Listing homes like yours.
If you are thinking of buying a Home please contact us. Get a free pre-qualification along with some of the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE through each step of the Buying Prices.
Please call for a FREE MARKET ANALYSIS to know what the value of your home is.
WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE THROUGHOUT EACH STEP OF THE LISTING AND SELLING PROCESS!!!
If you need to sell your home and you owe more than your house is worth, i may be able to help. I specialize in working with home owners to get your home sold. There are many options such as a short sale which may be able to help you.
Please try and avoid out of state or out of town agents and companies that make "out of this world promises". We are local agents with experience who never charge any up front fees.
We are local agents with experience who GET RESULTS!!!
We stand by you through every step in selling your home..
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR SELLING A HOME Are you READY TO SELL YOUR HOME? Step 1: Choosing an agent
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR BUYING A HOME Are you Ready to BUY A HOME? Step 1 Find a REALTOR
About the Author: Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of the Godzyk Real Estate Services in Manchester NH. With 27 years of through each step of experience Scott is a leading Agent for Listing and Selling Homes in this area. To CONTACT Scott Godzyk please call 603.661.2121 or EMAIL: Sctprop@aol.com . We are Full Time Agents ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs through each step of the buying and Selling process. We are proud to be locally owned and operated.
If you have enjoyed reading my blog, please subscribe by clicking below
Copyright 2008-2011, All rights reserved
Did you like this post? Do you know someone else who might? Do you know anyone who might benefit from our services? Please pass this along to family or friends or contact us, we love to help.
One stop Real Estate & Mortgage Services Serving Sammamish, Issaquah, Redmond, Bellevue, Mercer Island and the greater Seattle area.